So we’re a couple of days from SHOT and Magpul is already making waves. If this product was coming from anyone else, it might get an eye roll. But from Magpul? Oh, it’s going to sell…
PS: It’s a PMAG for the Glock 17!
We’re getting some as soon as we possibly can to test them out, but in the meantime, here are some highlights:
- First of all, the MSRP is only $15.95, which means that for all of you Glock shooters who need more mags for matches or the range, these are going to either cost you about 60% as much as OEM magazines or you can buy twice as many for the same price. (It’s true that OEM cost only about $25 a lot of places, but Magpul also rarely sells for full MSRP.)
- The PMAG17 GL9 does not have the metal liner that characterizes factory Glock mags, but no other Magpul product has ever needed a liner, so don’t worry about the durability.
- These magazines feature an orange hi-vis/no-tilt follower.
- The spring is stainless steel for corrosion resistance.
- Magpul has promised that the dimpled baseplate will be easy to remove (which you’ll really appreciate if you’ve ever tried to disassemble a Glock magazine)
For now, that’s more or less all we’ve got. But hey, SHOT starts Monday and Handgun Planet will be there getting our hands on some cool stuff like this to tell you all about when we get back. Now if only they would make these for the VP9. We can dream, right? HP
Product Photo by kChanko: please note that the Glock mag in the photo is not by Magpul. No images are really available of the new ones yet.
Nice, but if you’re paying $25-30 each for Glock OEM mags you’re not looking hard enough.
Yeah, a good number of places like AmmunitionDepot and Midway have OEM for around $22, but even PSA is $25+ a lot of the time. But you’re right; I just got excited when I saw the $15 price tag.
Keeping fingers crossed for G20 and G21 mags………
Umm yes please!